Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the library is currently closed to the public. Curbside pickup is available Monday-Friday 9-4 and Saturday 9-12. The primary consideration in this plan is maintaining the safety of both library patrons and library staff while finding ways to provide services that the library is uniquely positioned to perform. Once we move to phase two (we will announce the date through email, social media, and the newspaper), the following will be in effect:
- No more than 10 patrons will be permitted inside the building.
- Six staff will be permitted in the building at any given time.
- Everyone who enters will be required to wear a mask or scarf as a face covering.
- Patrons will only be able to browse in the lobby: new books and book carts of materials from the stacks will be made available. If materials are requested from the stacks, staff will retrieve them. The children’s room will remain closed.
- Curbside pickup will still be available.
- Returned materials will be quarantined for 72 hours, disinfected and then returned to shelves for circulation.
- Public computers will be made available with a 30-minute time limit. Staff are not permitted to assist with public computers as there is no way to maintain social distancing. Every other computer chair is removed, and each station disinfected thoroughly after use. Access to the computer will be limited to ensure limit of 10 patrons in the library at a time.
- Special hours between 8:00am and 10:00am will be offered for at-risk populations.
- Continued discontinuation of meeting room reservations by the general public, and library programming. The library continue to provide educational and recreational activities virtually and providing supplies via curbside pickup service.
- If recommendations of social distancing are still in effect, the bookmobile will need to remain closed for public use. The bookmobile will be used to provide WiFi and to facilitate curbside pickup beginning on July 1st.
- Book donations are welcome. Please call the library to schedule an appointment to drop off.
- Free WiFi access provided in the library parking lot 24/7 and at seven locations throughout Hot Spring County.
- The Jessie Ashford Genealogy Annex is temporarily closed due to COVID-19. However, staff are able to handle genealogy requests remotely.