Recommended Websites & Tools
Books, Authors, Series, and More
- This site contains links to various other sites that offer free book notes, summaries, character analysis, etc. The site is sorted alphabetically by book title.
- Find information about books in a series by searching series name, author, book title, genre, and more. This database is compiled and maintained by the Kent District Library.
- Discover the reading level, point value, interest level, and test number of a book, in the Accelerated Reader Program, by searching title, author, series, ISBN, genre, or interest level.
Health and Medicine
- MedlinePlus is the National Institutes of Health's Web site for patients and their families and friends. Produced by the National Library of Medicine, the world’s largest medical library, it brings you information about diseases, conditions, and wellness issues in language you can understand. MedlinePlus offers reliable, up-to-date health information, anytime, anywhere, for free.
Gardens, Farms, and Agriculture
- That is the Arkansas Extension website. It contains researched based information on family living, gardening, agriculture practices etc., all geared for Arkansas.
Research, Education, Lesson Plans
● The College Access Initiative at the University of Arkansas is hosting the 13th annual ACT Academy in June and July. Applications are open through April 1st. The program fee for ACT Academy is $30. If a student is on free/reduced lunch at school, they will waive the program fee.
● The College Access Initiative at the University of Arkansas is hosting the 3rd annual Jump Start program in July. Applications are open through April 1st. The program fee for Jump Start is $40. If a student is on free/reduced lunch at school, they will waive the program fee.
- A fun site with educational games. These games are research based and standards aligned.